BOD Meeting Minutes 7/9/05

Home Forums TE/AE Official Business BOD Meeting Minutes 7/9/05

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #11488
    Kerch McConlogue
    Keymaster

    Officers & BOD,

    Below are the minutes from our second BOD & Officers meeting of 2005. If you have any questions or comments, please fee free to contact me.

    Board of Directors Meeting – Saturday, July 9, 2005

    In attendance: Anthony DiBattista, Chuck King, Susan DiBattista, Tiger Tom, Vonda Moon, Carl Moon, Robert Jaarsma, Jim Morrison, John Logan Sr., Ranney Dohogne, Tom Calvert, Bob & Judy Sharkey

    Meeting called to order at 1:50PM

    Roll call taken.

    Susan DiBattista read the minutes from the previous meeting and they were approved as read.

    OLD BUSINESS:

    TE/AE new autocross rules – J. D’Amelio to post new autocross rules on website ASAP. J. Morrison to forward clean copy to J. D’Amelio. Motion made and passed to implement new autocross rules.

    Newsletter Printing/Rootes Review –Suggestion to look at hardcopy vs. softcopy of newsletter. Also how often to publish newsletter (monthly, bi-monthly etc.) and reducing cost of printing. Proposal to publish some type of monthly publication (TBD) on website. Soliciting for new editor underway. No decisions on newsletter to be made until new editor is in place.

    Participation of different club members in TE/AE – A. DiBattista to ask for member participation in upcoming newsletters. Regional Reps will be asked to organize more events. Encourage members to advertise events in newsletter/website.

    Concours Rules – Bob & Judy Sharkey (co-chairs). Initial vote on proposal was denied. Suggestion to have Bob & Judy incorporate Alfa-Rameo rules into our Concours stock divisions and submit back to BOD for vote. Suggestion to look at SAOC (UK) Concours rules.

    Decline of club revenue/United Update – A. DiBattista has asked that United XXV budget expenses and all TE/AE events be within budget. J. Miller will be asked to submit United budget to BOD for review.
    J. Millers Chamber of Commerce to send invitation & visitors guide to all members free of charge. C. King suggested displaying handmade sweaters w/club logo for orders at United.
    D. Kellogg to chair Autocross, E. Gibeaut to chair Parts Rm., Jim & Pat Morrison to chair Registration, J. Miller to chair Road Rallye, S. DiBattista to chair hospitality, J. Logan Sr. to chair Tech sessions.

    SUNI V participation – A. DiBattista drafting letter to other club presidents about SUNI participation and moving it closer to the East. A. DiBattista working on improving relationships between Presidents of all clubs.

    5-year plan/Future Uniteds – Updated our 5-year plan. To be printed in Presidents message: notice of 5-year plan, ask for participants. BOD to establish next year’s location by May.

    2005 – Northeast
    2006 – Midwest
    2007 – Southeast
    2008 – Mid Atlantic
    2009 – SUNI V

    Rootes Review Elect – TT compiled a list of potential editors and their proficiency. Officers & BOD to contact & interview candidates.

    Forum Feedback – Forum up and running. Easy to use and great paper trail. All communication now thru forum. A “tech forum” will be demoed at the United by A. DiBattista. Forum needs promotion to all members. Jim & Donna D’Amelio did a great job on forum.

    Lord Rootes Badges –B. Sharkey to ship complete badges w/brackets when plaques are received from Dave Kulasa.

    National Organization – TT proposes future talk on national organization w/BOD & officers.

    R. Jaarsma talking w/Paul Breuhan on future calendar for Rootes group. V. Moon suggested calendars for sale at United. C. Moon suggested having J. D’Amelio ask for pics of member’s cars for the next yrs. calendar.

    TT suggests “Survivor” tech-tips reissue. Proposal to sell binders/covers at next United and BASH. Agreed price of $5.00 charge.

    Minutes accepted as amended.

    COMMITTEE REPORTS:

    Treasurer:

    Ending balance as of June 30th, 2005 $8,456.04
    YTD (calendar year 2005) loss ($993.79)

    21% of revenue is coming from PayPal versus 15% in 2004. We average about 3.5% cost on PayPal totaling a loss of $76 YTD reduction in dues.

    In 2005, per month cost for printing of Rootes Review is $1,241 and the average postage is $341.54 for a total of $7,446.02.

    Regalia: Eric Gibeaut not present

    Publicity: No chairperson

    Newsletter: Fred Baum not present

    Membership: 582 members, 18 new member this yr., 45 members not renewed this year.
    394 tigers, 287 alpines, 23 other rootes are owned, 310 tigers vs. 394 others.

    Website: Jim D’Amelio not present

    NEW BUSINESS

    1) Decline of Club Assets: possible dues increase, wait for F. Baum projected cost of newsletter in future. F. Baum to work w/P. Almjeld to find cheaper printing. F. Baum did layout by himself. Called F. Baum to discuss newsletter printing. He did some of the layout and printer completed layout. Microsoft PrintShop suggested by R. Jaarsma. Kinkos suggested by J. Logan. Bulk mailing permit by F. Baum looked into – club can’t get permit. Fred suggested mailing labels. A. DiBattista asked Fred to put together a cost/budget proposal for newsletter to submit for review at United. V. Moon to call printer for an itemized bill each month. C. King suggested looking into R. Donaghue local printer. A. DiBattista suggested F. Baum look into forum discussions started by Stu Brennan (bi-monthly, etc) and incorporate into his proposal. TT complimented Fred on his efforts/proactiveness on newsletter. T. Calvert suggests raising dues, inevitable even if new printer is found to save cost. A. DiBattista asked where club’s saving account is invested. V. Moon – 3% return on money. A. DiBattista agrees w/T. Calvert in raising dues ($5.00 increase) sometime in the future. TT suggests waiting for F. Baum’s projected budget of newsletter before dues increase. Fundraising? J. Logan suggests doing comparison among other clubs dues. Will United make money? Most previous have made money. J. Morrison never saw final budget. Budget seemed to be a takeoff on TT’s united. Treasurer has received $2600.00 from J. Miller and looking for another $2600.00 J. Miller has not asked for any money from club. C. King asked whether budget received from J. Miller can be considered a final approved budget? J. Morrison suggests fault is w/BOD for not following thru. J. Miller was pushed for final budget and registration needed to be published. Ranney asked are we liable for autocross with other clubs participating. A. DiBattista asked C. King for update from J. Miller on United autocross. A. DiBattista will email F. Baum – reminder of looking for advertisements. C. King thinks United registration will make some money as projected. V. Moon will compile projected United Registration income and put in Excel spreadsheet, send to J. Miller for his comments.

    2) Marketing of TE/AE / Club name change – President likes current club name. J. Morrison agrees. C. King, J. Logan agree also. President supports TE/AE Chapter under umbrella organization. President received positive responses from other clubs. Trademark issue – R. Guerra added our name to opposition list. TT proposes changing name, but how do we develop it? TT says our club has taken leadership in developing umbrella organization. Suggestion to possibly changing our by-laws. C. King suggests taking a vote at United for membership feel. J. Morrison & J. Logan suggested not polling membership on name change.

    3) Regional Representatives concerns & Out of pocket expenses – President doesn’t see problem w/regional representatives & event expenses. J. Morrison had this same discussion 2 yrs ago. Either rep plans on their own or submits budget for approval. Why do reps have problem planning? Out of pocket cash up front might be a problem for some people. A. DiBattista spoke w/reps earlier in the yr to make them warm & fuzzy about putting on regional events. A. DiBattista gave reps his support and also the support of the club.

    4) Comments from other clubs on SUNI and Autocross rules: President reads comments from other club Presidents in response to his letter. Positive comments from STOA. SAOCA also sent positive comments (Mike Phillips) and also Dick Sanders (PTC). Recommend J. Morrison & J. Logan to comment on PTC’s autocross rules. President to forward autocross rules for their comments prior to United. J. Teepan from CAT has not responded. President to contact him again. President read M. Palmier’s letter in response to SUNI letter. TT suggests bringing other clubs together to voice a say in United. Board doesn’t think we’ll change Max’s thoughts on future SUNI’s. Suggestion to hold a TE/AE event within the same year as next SUNI. Nat’l org, autocross rules combined to bring clubs together.
    2 ideas:
    · Communication among clubs & standardize autocross rules
    · SUNI
    R. Jaarsma suggests having a mini-united during the year of SUNI for members who don’t attend SUNI. Suggestions for next SUNI location to be sent to M. Palmier (Indianapolis).
    President will invite other club presidents to meet at United mtg. A. DiBattista talked about letter in Tiger Tales from East Coast person raving about Tiger Tales. AD will contact that person about our club.

    5) BOD meeting time at United XXV – A. DiBattista suggestions Friday evening. J. Morrison suggests moving until after dinner. A.DiBattista suggests 8:00pm for mtg. Suggestion agreed upon.

    6) Replacement of vacant Representative posts – Steve Halbrook is suggested as Florida/Georgia rep taking over for John Webber (recommended) by J. Webber. J. Morrison asked which regions are vacant. (Fl-GA, VA, Deep South, NJ). A. DiBattista will contact S. Halbrook and ask him to submit nomination for rep and read the clubs by-laws. Discussion on whether new rep should get signatures. After discussion, BOD decided no need for signatures. Vote taken on S. Halbrook for FL/GA. All agreed. President to contact S. Halbrook on new position. T. Calvert asks about plan for filling other vacancies. A. DiBattista to contact B. Mounce on vacant regional representative spot. A.D to contact E. Esslinger for suggestions on vacancies in Deep South. Also, Russ Eshelman.
    Question raised on whether B. Mouse has an interest in publicity position?

    7) Concours Rules for 2006 – B. Sharkey commented on rules for ’06. we’ll use existing rules for this yr and they are posted on website. D. Johnson was working on Tiger rules (Alpha-Romeo) but put on hold for this year. Need person for Alpine rules. J. Logan suggests M. Phillips (SAOCA) to work Alpine rules. B. Sharkey asks do we really need a concours. TT suggests using United to look for people to rewrite new rules. Suggestion for judges meeting before concours. Current concours rules will apply for United XXV. TT suggests changing numbers on judging sheets. Reduce count from 10 to 6 on “general appearance” (stock) and add 2 points to “Adherence to originality and authenticity”.
    R. Jaarsma talked about the website and how it isn’t popular enough with members and outsiders.

    Action item: Meet after United and ask for suggestions on people to rewrite rules. President will ask Mike Phillips for names from his club to help w/concours rules. President will contact all Presidents and M. Palmier for a copy of their concours rules.

    Action item: C. King to contact Parkers about Castle Tours and be prepared to refund money at registration. Suggestion to pick time to go as a group. Possibly 2:00PM on Friday. Decision to be made in a few days. Canceled Friday Tech Sessions.

    United Items from C. King: 19 pre-registration forms received as of today, Parkers emailed everyone for dinner choices (missing from original registration form), security for cars (do we need it?).

    Meeting adjourned at 6:02PM.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.