paid advertising

Home Forums TE/AE Official Business paid advertising

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I emailed, but saw NO response!

Newsletter February 1996 states: “Advertising Policy: Classified line ads of a non-commercial nature are free to any TE/AE member in good standing. Display ads, whether for a member or non-member, will be subject to the following fee structure per insertion:
    ¼ page $35; ½ page $50; full page $100. For a commitment of 6 display ads in 12 months, the following discounted structure will apply per insertion: ¼ page $30; ½ page $45; full page $90. To receive this discounted rate, payment for all 6 display ads must be included with the first ad. And subsequent ads will be run only when the vendor makes a formal written request to the editor. TE/AE reserves the right to edit or refuse to print any ad it deems for any reason to be inappropriate.”

As a guideline I have SAOCA, theirs is (was?)½ RR size and only quarterly!
    Business card $ 50.00/per year
    ½ page $ 75.00/per year
    full page $100.00/per year

Based on the above I propose a simpler approach and different rates then we had in 1996. Also now we feature color!

Advertise in the Rootes Review:
    Classified line ads of a non-commercial nature are free to any TE/AE member in good standing.
    Display ads per 12 issues:
    Business card $ 50; ¼ page $100; ½ page $175; full page $275. Payment to be included with the first ad (Check or Paypal). TE/AE reserves the right to edit/refuse any ad it deems to be inappropriate.

I think the way we used to have it was way too cumbersome to administrate, and brings in too few dollars for the effort of Fred’s time. Therefore display ads should be submitted for a year!

The rates should be coordinated with the extra cost (printing & mailing) if we possibly would have to go to a 16 page newsletter. Could you give us an estimate on that Fred? In case we wind up with two full page ads we would be forced to do that.
    Anyone, or our publicity chairman, has comments or another proposal?
    Robert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.