Video Conference Meeting was called to order by President Jim Lindner on August 29, 2020 at 3:10 pmContinue reading “Annual Board Meeting August 2020”
Video Conference Meeting was called to order by President Jim Lindner on June 20, 2020 at 3:02pm.
Board Members were present: Sy Block, Tom Calvert, Eric Gibeaut, David Reina, Tom Ehrhart, Joe McConlogue, Barb Geschke
Also present: President Jim Linder, Vice President Gary Holman, Treasurer Rob Harter, and Secretary Kerch McConlogue and SUNI rep. Joe Parlanti
President Jim Lindner presented the proposal of the SUNI “Steering Committee” outlining the profit and loss sharing the six Sunbeam clubs.
Regarding income from the event:
- SUNI fund covers all up-front payments, deposits and event expenses and is reimbursed from event income
- Any remaining profit is divided among the participating clubs according to number of attendees from each club.
- Based on survey results TEAE could potentially receive 40-50% of any profits
Regarding losses from the event:
- Losses due to operating expenses (food and beverage, tours, travel for VIP guests, autocross, event administration) will be covered entirely by the SUNI fund held for the purpose by Buck Tripple at the bequest of Max Pahmeier.
- Penalty for unused hotel rooms short of required number will be shared by the participating clubs based on the number of paid members of each club. The TEAE share in this is approximately 35% (assuming all six of the clubs agree to participate in the risk and reward) (See example of fee in the PDF of the slides from the meeting). TEAE risk could be in the range of up to about $2000.
The hotel is less than 30 miles from Kansas City so additional hotels would be available if there is an over sale of rooms.
Historical point: Tom Ehrhart reported that in the beginning each of the participating clubs kicked in $2 per paid member to cover the initial costs for the setup of the event. Because of the existence of the SUNI fund, (approximately $21,000) this is not necessary.
Motion: TEAE accept the SUNI proposal as presented regarding the profit and loss of the event. Moved, seconded, and passed unanimously
Motion: Execution of the SUNI should be accomplished with the oversite by board of directors made up of a representative of each club. There was no second for the motion but there was much discussion.
In discussion, Jim pointed out that representation by he and Joe Parlanti has been ongoing for the past year plus. He expects that to continue.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:08 pm
Video Conference Meeting was called to order by President Jim Lindner on May 30, 2020 at 2:04pmContinue reading “Board meeting to discuss cancellation of United 39”
Emergency meeting of TEAE was called to order by President Jim Lindner on March 15, 2020 at 2:02 pmContinue reading “Emergency Board Meeting:
Coronavirus and United 39″
Cliff Morgan volunteered to be Southwest Regional Rep. It was moved, seconded and passed by the Board to accept him for the job.Continue reading “New SW Regional Rep”
- Jim Lindner and Rob Harter to determine best insurance for the club and buy it
- Joe McConlogue and Dave Reina to review list of advertisers
- Sy Block to supply rate card for Volvo club
- Sy Block to look into new provider of Regalia
- Jim Lindner to distribute Preservation Class category for further discussion. To be completed before United.
February 9, 2020″
Next Meeting: Sunday, Feb 9 @ 2pm
You do not have to download anything to your computer. Just click this link: https://join.freeconferencecall.com/423-830-887
Add your name and email and the Online meeting ID: 423-830-887
You might not have to enter anything but your name and email.
Choose Computer Audio (see below)
If you can’t use your computer screen, then dial in with this info
Dial-in number (US): (515) 604-9099
Access code: 423-830-887#
International dial-in numbers: https://fccdl.in/i/423-830-887