Rootes Review from Voting Forum

10-22-17
Steve Towle

I think there is a serious issue with the Rootes Review we should start addressing. We received a monthly combined issue for July, August and September quite late. we have as yet seen October’s issue as now it is the 21st of the month. Now, having seen this happen before in the 40+ years Jan and I have been members of TE/AE, we know only too well what are the results when members do not receive their newsletter in a timely manner. We lose members big time! We put so much emphasis on our Uniteds where less than 25 percent participate leaving, the rest membership only attending a few local/regional if and when they happen. Now being a member of CAT as well, I cannot overlook the fact their membership is increasing monthly and ours stays the same or lessens. As a former Membership Chairperson I remember similar situations explaining why a member should stay with TE/AE when they looked forward to receiving their Newsletter each month. We, as Board Members as well as Officers should address this issue ASAP!

10-23-17
tiger tom

Gee, do I ever agree! It’s a sad situation. Appreciate your poking at this unhealthy situation. There are incidents of items sent to Jennifer that have not seen print. Joe P. has a plan that was discussed at the United Bd mtg to help with this problem and push the RR to more frequent printing. I am not sure where Joe is with his plan. Essentially, we send or cc info to Joe P and he will oversee content. Joe may clarify. This just reminded me that I was supposed to send in some info, which I will do shortly. In any case, the problem is much bigger than missing content. It is one of commitment. And we have none.

I believe we are at the point where we need to ask Jennifer if she is up to the monthly task or if she would like to relinquish. I’d suspect she’d relinquish. We need to have a back up plan to produce a monthly newsletter. Our options are to;

1. Have the next RR make a passionate appeal for a editor.
  2. Send out an appeal to all members via an email blast.
  3. Network from all our contacts for potential candidates.

We need to thank and respect Jennifer’s contributions as an Ed and work on digitizing in searchable forms all the past printed newsletters.

TT

10-23
anonymous

I’ve got to agree with Tom. Once it is determined that Jen wants to step down I’ll send out an email appeal and post something on the website.

According to Dan (our printer) he spoke with Jen and the next newsletter will get to him by the 24th. At this point it’s probably too late for an appeal in this issue.